When selling your home, you want it to look its best so it will yield the best price. That’s where Home Staging comes in to play! Surveys show that home staging can influence buyer’s perception of a home and possibly even its value. Most of your selling is online and you have only few second to get potential buyers to look at your home. Staged properties will present and show better; will sell faster compared to not staged houses and could increase the number of offers and selling price.
Did you know that in real estate an attractive exterior can make or break a home sale? First impressions are everything, especially when it comes to selling your house. The home exterior should serve as a snapshot of what is to come when buyers enter your home. Buyers want to see a vibrant and inviting landscape.
- Pressure wash dirt and debris from driveway and front steps.
- Have cleaned windows throughout the home.
- Boost that curb appeal by staging the porch with planters and a new welcome mat.
- Spruce up and add color to a front porch by planting flowers. Freshen up the landscaping by adding some fresh mulch.
The foyer represents the area people see when they first open the front door. It is indeed a critical area so make it a welcoming space by keeping it open and de-cluttered.
- Make sure there is plenty of light. A bright entryway gives the impression of a warm inviting home.
- Some great things to decorate with are benches, lamps, fresh flowers and framed art.
Use colors to the home’s best advantage.
- Large spaces like living room should be painted in neutral colors.
- Use bright colors for flower arrangements or smaller details like pillows, throws, grouped decorations and framed art.
- If the room isn’t that large use smaller furniture to give the opposite impression.
The kitchen should look and feel spacious, welcoming and light.
- Keep windows clean and counters clear.
- Organize the pantry and cupboards. Style open shelving.
- Adding fresh fruit and flowers is always a nice touch!
Bedrooms are a sanctuary that we all want to retreat to at the end of the day.
- Keep colors neutrals and serene. Don’t over fill the space.
- Make sure the bed looks inviting and comfortable, with plenty of pillows.
- If you don’t have a headboard add one, it gives a complete look.
Last, but not least let’s don’t forget about the backyard and deck.
- Polish up the landscaping and trim any trees or bushes.
- Turn this area into an outdoor retreat by incorporating fire features and an area designed for dining.
- Plant colorful flowers and decorative pots.
The ultimate goal of home staging is to make that potential buyer feel at home when he or she previews the property. Either by hiring a professional, using the help of a real estate expert or by doing it yourself, HAVE FUN and good luck!