Happiness is … a freshly cleaned house!
Surely, we are dealing with a global pandemic, but since we are stuck indoor more than usual, we can take advantage of this opportunity and give some attention to our biggest and most valuable asset: OUR HOME!
- Dust crown moldings, light fixtures and ceiling fans. Wash curtains and wipe down window seals.
- Did you know that you can use a lint roller for a more effective result on lamp shades?
- Change the air filter and smoke/CO detectors batteries.
- Wash or wipe down window blinds.
- Wash all windows – inside and outside. You will be surprised what a difference a clean window makes.
- Wash the walls in the most traffic areas.
- Clean area rugs, vacuum any carpeted area and steam clean as well if possible.
- Move the couch and vacuum any surprise hidden underneath.
- Remove extra clutter, dust electronics and add a touch of color with pillows, throws and flowers.
- Scrub and disinfect all household trash cans.
- Deep clean and disinfect microwave, oven and dishwasher.
- Clean, disinfect and organize your freezer and fridge.
- Organize and revamp your pantry. Make sure you get rid of expired products and organize your spices too.
- Scrub the back splash area, clean under the kitchen sink and disinfect the garbage disposal.
- Descale shower doors if you live in a hard water area.
- Check bathroom fan for any mildew and clean.
- Organize underneath the sinks and shower caddy/ storage shelves if present.
- Unclog drains and caulk shower and bathtub seams if applicable.
- Don’t forget to organize your medicine cabinet and toss any expired medication.
- Vacuum carpet concentrating under the bed and near the baseboard areas.
- Vacuum the mattress and wash or change pillows and bed sets.
- Organize closets and remove seasonal outgrown clothing.
- Clean dryer vent and remove left over lint.
- Wipe and disinfect washer and dryer doors and clean out the soap dispenser.
- Tide up and organize laundry room cabinets/shelves.
- Have kids donate outgrown toys and clothes.
- Wash all stuffed animals.
- Clean and organize desk drawers.
- Check and toss junk mail – shred unnecessary documents.
- Sweep porch patio/deck and remove cobwebs
- Power wash the driveway and deck.
- Clean up the gutters and touch up exterior paint.
- Wash outdoor garbage cans and recycle bins.
- Refresh the landscape areas with some fresh mulch. Remove weeds, spray some weed control and plant some colorful annuals.
- Hold off on putting down grass seed until May or June, when temperatures are warmer.
Embrace the New Season and Happy Cleaning!